Topless Outlaw Late Model Series
HANGER HANGS ON FOR FIRST CAREER TOPLESS WIN AT DUCK RIVER
Wheel, Tenn. (2-18-23) Christian Hanger of Winchester, Tenn. captured his first career win on the Topless Outlaw Dirt Late Model Series presented by Stanley Best Heat & Air Saturday at Duck River Raceway Park. Hanger recorded the overall fast time among 30 entries of 13.978 during Discount Tire Group A time trials which put him on the pole for the forty-lap, $4,000 to win A-Main alongside Steven Holcomb of Santa Fe, Tenn. who recorded a 14.024 second lap in Chattanooga Valley Used Cars & Parts Group B time trials.
From the drop of the green flag, multiple side-by-side battles would be waged throughout the field behind Hanger. The most intense of which was for second place between third starting Jadon Frame of Winchester, Tenn. and fourth starting Oakley Johns of Hohenwald, Tenn. The two middle-Tennessee hot shoes would swap the spot multiple times before Johns locked it down for good following a late race caution. Hanger was only seriously challenged one time by Johns during a long green flag run as the two began negotiating lapped traffic before a timely caution worked into Hanger's favor. The margin of victory was .809 seconds. Frame finished third, 1.681 seconds back.
Perhaps the most serious challenge for Hanger might have been a flat left rear tire that wasn’t noticed until his victory lane celebration. “Yeah, those cautions did work in my favor, especially that last one there but early on I heard them boys back there and I think I was just trying to get too much out of it so I kind of slowed down and made more consistent laps,” stated Hanger from the front stretch.
Another intense battle was waged for fourth place among three #17 cars throughout the forty-lapper between eventual fourth-place finisher Tyler Wood of Hohenwald, Tenn. after he started seventh; Steven Holcomb finished fifth and Brad Skinner of Spring Hill, Tenn. finished 6th after starting eighth.
Clint Nichols of Shelbyville, Tenn. won PPM Racing Products B-Main #1 while Ronnie Johnson of Chattanooga, Tenn. won B&B Performance Racing Engines B-Main #2. Mike Skelly of Lenoir City, Tenn, who has declared for Rookie of The Year on the Topless Outlaw tour, received a provisional starting spot after he rolled over on his top on a first lap skirmish with multiple cars in the second b-main but was able to continue after an extended red flag.
Hanger’s Capital Race Car is powered by a Clements Racing Engine and is sponsored by Hanger’s Hardwood Flooring, Ballard's Excavating, Joe-Joe Dobson's Skid Steer Service, Mickey Stevens Septic, J&J Construction, Capital Electric, H&H Custom Glass, Hanger Farms and Burke’s Home Improvements.
Stanley Best Heat & Air Feature Finish
- #15 Christian Hanger - Winchester, TN
- #C6 Oakley Johns - Hohenwald, TN
- #J8 Jadon Frame - Winchester, TN
- #17JR Tyler Wood - Hohenwald, TN
- #H17 Steven Holcomb - Sante Fe, TN
17R Brad Skinner - Springhill, TN
- #67B T.J. Brittain - Centre, AL
- #94H Mark Haddon - Estill Springs, TN
- #2 John Llewellyn - Knoxville, TN
- #C66 Donald Johns - Summertown, TN
- #14 Clint Nichols - Shelbyville, TN
- #1 Greg Love - Culleoka, TN
- #7D Austin Theiss - Tomball, TX
- #94 Randy Gifford - Fayetteville, TN
- #16 Corey Posey - Petersburg, TN
- #5 Ronnie Johnson - Chattanooga, TN
- #27 Joe Denby - Winchester, TN
- #7 Jordan Judge - Estill Springs, TN
- #M1 Bill Mahan - Lacey's Spring, AL
- #7A Jerry Ashley - Elora, TN
- #22T Karl Tipton - Gilbert, AZ
- #777 Mike Skelly - Lenoir City, TN
- #67 Cody Ballard - Estill Springs, TN
Submitted By: Clint Doll